Saturday, October 9, 2010

Saturday with John, Paul, George and Ringo

Shortly upon moving in, I located Boston's classic rock radio station (the oldest in the country, apparently!  Celebrating their 25th birthday!  Although...25 years ago, wasn't classic rock just called...rock?  Maybe not, maybe not.); I've been enjoying listening to Led Zepplin and the Rolling Stones in the shower ever since. 

However, something special's going on at 100.7 WZLX today, because it's the 70th anniversary of John Lennon's birth.  They're celebrating by playing the Beatles A to Z this weekend, which makes me very happy - the Beatles were my first favorite band, you know.  If you're not in Boston but want to tune in as well this weekend, check out their website, there's a place where you can stream live!

I'm hating to tear myself away from "Lovely Rita," but I've been meaning to go explore the local shops (hardware and grocery, not shoe and jewelry)...hopefully I'll be back before the O's!

No comments: