Friday, October 22, 2010

Push to the Weekend

Gah, SLEEPY.  And I keep dreaming in Linux command terminal...truly the stuff of nightmares.

Today after work though I decided to get some fresh air - and some groceries - and so took the bus to Whole Foods (verdict: milk is slightly more expensive than at Going Bananas and slightly less expensive than at White Hen).  No, taking the bus is not my idea of brisk exercise (yet): I left the grocery store and headed west rather than east, walking around the parks, down into the center of town, through the financial district, and, after about four miles, back to the North End.  I even got home in time to snag the last loaf of whole wheat bread from Parziale's.  I was hoping, in the course of my expedition, to get some photos of the fall foliage, but to be honest, I don't understand what everyone is raving about...the woods behind the YMCA back home are much more impressive.  Perhaps when everyone gushes over Boston's autumnal splendor, they really are talking about Massachussetts' (and correspondingly, Pittsburgh isn't thattt great in October - Pennsylvania is).  

I did, however, find some really nice front doors on my walk.  On Beacon Street, the block bordering Public Garden, to be precise.  If you're feeling particularly nosy (or idle), check them all out by using Google street view...and while you're at it, see if you can spot the freaky disappearing bicycle rickshaw man.

Anyway.  Tomorrow I'm going to *socialize* so that should add some further variety to the ol' blog.  Brace thyselves...

No comments: