Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mail!

How exciting!  I got home all in a huff after running around to ten different places, dumping a gigantic load of cash off for no good reason ("rent", I think it's called), and trying to get some extra keys cut before all the shops closed, and was muttering over the pile of mail my downstairs neighbor insists on leaving to rot on the doorstep, when I opened the door and walked smack into a box!  And not just any box...this box was nearly as tall as I am, and was wrapped all around with some really menacing-looking tape.  Best of all: this box was addressed to moi!

"Who is mailing me dead bodies?" I wondered.  "Halloween isn't until this Sunday..." But the box was much too light to be holding anything of that (unnatural) nature, so I dragged it up the stairs - carefully - and parked it inside the hallway while I ran to get some scissors.

A nasty gouge to the palm and an entire garbage back of packing peanuts later, I had unearthed two mummified, bubble-wrapped picture frames.  I hate packing peanuts.  There's absolutely got to be another way.

A half hour of clean-up after thattt and the pictures were unveiled!  Or rather, I should say prints - because they are these fantastic beyond fantastic prints of a London map I cut out of a touring atlas from the turn of the previous century.  I know, defacing a book, but now they will be appreciated.  And Dad told me to do it.  Slash did it for me.  And the rest of the atlas is fine.  Thanks Dad!

These are much better in person, too.  ...Now to hang them...

Oh and umm also I got my first letter today, from Mom.  Mom: your smaller offering is no less worthy - news from home is always welcome, and Dad neglected to include a note in his.  So thanks!

No comments: