Thursday, February 25, 2010

Obscure 80s Weekly

Another Thursday, another veritable cornucopia of Eighties goodness.

You know the drill...and let me know if any of these are too obvious.  I badly want to put "Whip It" up, but I shall refrain.  Everyone knows those flower pots, right?

Thursday we start out with something creepy but good nonetheless: Elvis Costello - Veronica

Friday (this song is so fantastic): Big Country - In A Big Country

On Saturday it's trapped in the closet (20 years earlier): The Cure - Close To Me

Sunday, as if the title wasn't enough: Ultravox - Dancing With Tears In My Eyes

Monday (aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh): Visage - Fade To Grey

Another Depeche Mode Tuesday: Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence

Lastly, for Wednesday: The Polecats - Make A Circuit With Me

Have fun!  And please view responsibly.

3 comments:

Connie R said...

I haven't watched any yet--just read the titles--and already I'm feeling better. Pass the hair gel, please.

Alyssa said...

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?

http://www.dlisted.com/node/36232

Connie R said...

It's not artsy or even new wave, but pure 80s silliness: the feathered hair abounds, and who knew that guys used to wear Daisy Dukes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIgZ7gMze7A

Weirdly, my verification word is "suction."