Sunday, February 28, 2010

But whales are our friends...

Been aimlessly crafting while studying (or watching the Olympics) a lot lately...I've knit a hat, an earwarmer, and some fingerless gloves, and just yesterday I crocheted an amigurumi.

It is a narwhal.  Not to be insensitive...I guess whales are a bit of a sensitive subject these days.

Anyway, here he is.  I think I will call him Odysseus.
 
Yeah that fits in with the other assorted animalia I've got lurking around here...Winston (a spider), CK Dexter Haven and Christopher Eccles (more crocheted beasties), Bing (a fashionable penguin), Napoleon (a rabbit), Harrods Bear (an aptly-named bear), Steinbeck (owl), and of course, Date and Toglie (respectively a rabbit and cat from my childhood).

Okay.  Enough.

3 comments:

Connie R said...

When are you crafting Penelope? Your names are as great as your handiwork.

John Rocco Jennette said...

Indeed, and I am curious as to what manner of beastie Mssrs. Haven and Eccles are? (I'm assuming something stunningly handsome and big-eared, respectively).

Emily said...

the other way around, actually...interesting.