Monday, January 4, 2010

Snow Day

It's perfectly frigid out there today...went sledding this afternoon though, followed by a big Thai dinner (and various German/Penna Dutch beers). I am now exhausted. Grandma sent me today in the mail a new coat she amazingly sewed for me, just in time as the lining of my peacoat is giving way. Stupid polyester - this is why I chose a silk lining and a 100% wool felted tweed for my new cloaky coat. It is glorious...I just need to move a few buttons on it and it will be all set to go (although I'll probably keep the trusty old pea around for day-to-day wear, despite the synthetic lining).


Today, I'm cheating by putting a photo here that has until lately been residing on the sidebar. Dad took it several years ago while we were in London...It's me walking down St. Christopher's Place on Christmas Eve, and it reminds me of how impressionists were sometimes influenced by the newly developing photography industry. Also, it reminds me of London at Christmas - layer upon layer of nostalgia. :)

No comments: