Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mr Fry

I've been doing a lot of not-physics, and instead have been indulging my Stephen Fry kick. He is a very clever man. Last night, after finishing the "Big Fat Quiz of the Year: 2009," I watched QI for far too long, which is Mr Fry's game show (short for Quite Interesting) in which the questions are impossibly hard and and the panel of British celebrity guests gets more points for an interesting answer than for a right one. The scores most often end in the negatives. Rather comical, and quasi-educational? And here's a clip - granted, perhaps a less-than-hysterical one - on one of my pet topics. Give it a watch.



Other fantastic Stephen Fry moments include his role in the final season of Blackadder, which is always worth a watch, and anything with Hugh Laurie (another one of my favorites)...Jeeves and Wooster, A Bit of Fry and Laurie, etc.

Right. Well that may not have been my most convincing sell, but I've got to get back to the mechanism of transverse waves, or maybe I'll warm up a bit with this last episode on electricity...

1 comment:

Connie R said...

Sounds like a PhD research program to me: "the questions are impossibly hard" and you get "more points for an interesting answer than for a right one." Also, "rather comical and quasi-educational." :)