Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Darkness (or lack thereof)

Have I talked about this yet?

I'll go with no...

So it seems there were some meteors whistling around overhead these past few nights - the Geminids - that I was oblivious of...and if you live anywhere near civilization, you probably did too.  I've got a slide show to catch you up on what went down.

And here's some information on an organization that is less subversive than it sounds - the International Dark-Sky Association - whose mission statement is something I can really get behind ("to preserve and protect the nighttime environment and our heritage of dark skies through quality outdoor lighting")...although on the other hand, if it has anything to do with those crappy little LEDs like the one in my bathroom then perhaps not. 

No comments: