Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mitts!

Well I whined about them enough that I figured I probably should have some sort of follow-up.  So...ta-da!  [BONUS: a pasty picture of my pasty forearm!]
Brand newww...except for that time I spilled tea on them, washed them, and accidentally sent them through the dryer.  Still, they're fine.  Not really 'gloves' - you will probably note that I chickened out when it came to fingers and proper thumbs, but in the end I considered this an exercise in cable-knit (of the most rudimentary persuasion) and not an exercise in closing off holes.  Anyway I can now add that to my list of knitting skills (knit! purl! go in circles! drop stitches on purpose!  make extra stitches on purpose! etc!).

Next up on the knitting bee is probably something to teach me how to knit with two colors, so that should be exciting.  Or a nightmare, I have read the instructions for Fair Isle and they look pretty scary.