Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Striking Out

Something new for me to be freaked out about...

How far (and how high) can a snake jump?  Taking out the semantic question of whether creatures without legs are able to jump.

On less-than-credible web forums, I am getting anywhere from a third to twice the snake's length.  Depending on species.  This is not precise enough for me.

On the other hand, I don't intend to be anywhere remotely near to a snake, so I suppose this is a moot point?  If worse comes to worse, however...I'm now reading on a governmental site that one shouldn't try to cut/suck poison from a bite wound.  Now I don't know what to do...

1 comment:

Bri said...

This is decidedly NOT a moot point!

And yeah, despite everything they told you in Snakes on a Plane, don't suck poison.
Do amputate? I can't remember...