Monday, June 14, 2010

A Personal History

I cleaned out the guest bedroom yesterday and happened upon some photos of my mysterious ancestors and relations...I enjoy old photographs, and thought you might, too.

The least mysterious of the bunch (although still quite mysterious): Mom and Dad - and both of their dads - not quite 30 years ago.  Not sure why the sunglasses.  (Or the toupee.)

Mom's dad as a youngster, high-jumping oldschool.  For real.

I thiiink this is my Dad's dad again?  But I'm not quite sure...

I love this picture.  Specifically my great-grandfather Klehn's part of the picture.  Also pictured are my Grandma K and her children Lois, Hazel, and John.  Mom's mom hasn't been born yet.

Who is this?  I knoweth not.  But she looks cool.  I like her hat.

Strangely, there were no photos from my Dad's mom's side...they would have been the ones, I thought, to have taken the most pictures.  Perhaps my grandma Boots still has all of them archived away in her house.

Anyway, I wish I could provide some more information about who these people were and when these pictures were taken...but for now, enjoy them for what they are.  After all, a picture is supposed to be worth a thousand words?

1 comment:

Connie R said...

As crazy as it sounds, my Dad's sunglasses were his way of disguising any tears or emotions that might spill out. ;) And the woman with the hat is my great-great Aunt Florence (who was a hunter with her own specially made ladies' gun). Boom!