Wednesday, June 4, 2008

So, I'm no Margaret Mead...

which is probably a good thing. Less pressure.

Hmm...thus far, this blog (oooh Emily has a weblog...get nervous) has been a bucket of pretentious. I'm going to try to justify the title (Recreational Anthropology) by saying that what I'm aiming to write is an account of any participant-observation - oh, there I go again - for fun. Hopefully this frame will remind me to be less egocentric and more focused on the people and places around me. Good idea, yeah?

I'm still in Pittsburgh right now - my sister Bess' graduation from QVHS is tonight, in fact - and so is the 6th game in the Stanley Cup Final (Go Pens!) - but I'll presently be heading to France for almost two months. For all you wide-eyed kids out there, study abroad! It's totally worth taking a couple of classes over the summer or saving your gen-eds for later or whatever else you have to do. But maybe I'm a bit premature in my preaching...we'll see how life-changed I am in six weeks.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Hey, gorgeous! Ta-da! Here is my blog por ton voyage a France! It took me forever to freaking think of a name, and while I know I'm using a keyboard instead of a pen, I'm sure the point gets across. :P

Hope you're having fun and can't wait to hear from you. :)

-Alyssa