Thursday, August 12, 2010

Semi-Obscure Whatever

It's Thursday, and I haven't done one of those 80s vid posts in a while...but I'm not feeling particularly pop and wave today, so here's a list of seven songs I've recently (re)discovered.  We'll see if I still like them in a week.

1) Beirut - Nantes
       I like Beirut.  A lot.
2) Spoon - Me and the Bean
       Are these lyrics deep, or are they cheesy?  Or vaguely creepy?  What does this say about me?
3) Tiziano Ferro - Sere Nere
      Okay, definitely cheesy.  But summertime means time for some intense Italian guy singing in Italian intensely.
4) Theophilus London - Humdrum Town
      I came across this when I went to Boston and stayed with Drea - catchy, no?
5) Belle and Sebastian - Storytelling
      I've had this album for ages and ages, but just recently started listening to it...and the more I listen to Belle and Sebastian, the more I like them.
6) The Kinks - Sunny Afternoon
      A summery sort of song?  And a classic one at that?  The Kinks are excellent, no matter the season.
7) Harry and the Potters - Back to School
      No words...

No comments: