Friday, May 14, 2010

Marketing Ploy

I'm seeing the beginnings of a trend of viral guerrilla product marketing, little clever, sneaky videos that pop up on Youtube to subtly sell something almost without your knowing it.

Here's one (link) that sells not only Rustler's One Finger Food, but also does a pretty good job selling the college-bros-filming-a-hilarious-video style.  I'm still not sure how they do it, but I'm 99% sure it's fake...if this were real, wouldn't his finger blow up?

This one (link) is a bit more professional-looking, but I believe it's a fake, firstly because of physics, and secondly because essentially all of their gear is by the company Hi-Tec.  Puts you in mind of that one with the massive water slide, eh?  I suppose this one works thanks to a slightly submerged platform...still, it's fun to watch, and certainly less painful than getting walloped over the head by Herbal Essences and GoDaddy and what have you.

No comments: