Thursday, April 15, 2010

Obscure 80s Weekly

It has come to my attention that just perhaps the songs (and their respective videos) that I think of as mainstream 80s EuroPop and New Wave classics are not as familiar to certain people as they are to me.  Don't get me wrong - I'm not calling into question everyone's 80s hits knowledge - and it could very well be that you hold the following as near and dear as I do...but it's nearing the end of my final undergraduate year, and I've absolutely no idea how I'm going to (a) finish in time and (b) find something to do for the rest of my life, so some comforting familiarity might just hit the spot!

Without further ado...this Thursday's Obscure 80s Weekly: The Not-So-Obscure Edition.  You know the songs; do you recall the videos?

Today you can relive the moments with: Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

Friday, sample: Morrissey - Suedehead

For Saturday: Billy Idol - White Wedding

Sunday's video is: Modern English - I Melt With You

For Monday, try: Soft Cell - Tainted Love

Tuesday: Devo - Whip It

And Wednesday, of course: A-Ha - Take On Me

There you go...have a good week with this bunch.

1 comment:

Connie R said...

Ahhhhhh--ha. :) So here are favorite bits, in a very particular order: Morris-dancing chicken man, Byron in the bath, balmy ballerina bride, tsunami blonde hair, smirking star singer, black socks, and last scene--all of it. Where's the time travel machine? Good times.